Monday 17 March 2014

The Power of Time


How is it that time moves so fast? Everyday gets away from us so quickly. Already my first term is nearing the end, I’m in my last week and it feels like yesterday I just started my brand new university. It really does make me realise how precious time is.

It saddens me sometimes when weekends go quickly. As those are the times to see family, friends, loved ones. It saddens me, how ever much you plan beforehand, it always speeds up and escapes from you. Even though you can look back and remember the wonderful memories that have happened in your life, you wonder, why can’t the days last longer? Why does everything speed up when you are having the most fun or finally relaxing for that short period of time you have?

Also, when working time seems to escape from you. How has it been 2 hours and all I have written is a paragraph? I constantly find myself asking that question. I am not one to procrastinate, when I’m given work I always do it on the day, but I still struggle with time and trying to fit everything in. Sometimes I wish we had more hours in the day so I could do more, and maybe have a few extra hours in bed. But time always seems to be against you.

In many cases I have found time to go very quickly, however there have been others where time goes extremely slow. Sometimes in a good situation, mainly in negative ones. Last week was a negative time especially for me, being ill all I wanted was to be better again, but everything seemed to be going so slowly. My body was taking forever to recover and time was dragging on, so when I wanted to sleep I had to wait otherwise I wouldn’t sleep during the night. I’m guessing this has happened to lots of other people as well. The worst case is when you are waiting for that weekend when you can go home and see your family, friend, boyfriend, and every day just seems to tease you with time as it ticks on so slowly. It’s cruel.

Even though I moan, I have made some fantastic memories in my life, even though time speeds everything, my mind still remembers it all. 

1 comment:

  1. your probably remember it all cause you don't toke up

    ReplyDelete