Wednesday 19 March 2014

The Weight of Being a Girl

Weight seems to be a huge importance to girls. It does effect guys, but in a completely different approach. Whereas men focus on their weight by body building, women focus on losing weight. To help them become slimmer and feel more confident about themselves. However there is an approach that all women should take. To just eat right and exercise regularly.

Even though I say this I don’t always take my own advice. I am one that sometimes if I eat a big slice of cake I will normally miss lunch or dinner as I feel that I have already eaten too much. I also have a tendency to do around 100 sit ups if I eat something really bad for me. Yes I know it is just easier to eat healthily but you can’t help it when the body craves bad food. Although this is a bad way to eat for my body it makes me feel better about myself and that is very important. To feel confident in your own body is extremely difficult for a girl. We are always criticized; don’t be too thin, or fat, short or tall, don’t wear unflattering clothing or tight clothing, it’s very difficult to be perfect in this world.

The amount of pills out there just to help weight loss is ridiculous and just isn’t needed. Yes I have my times of browsing through websites to see if I could find something to help me lose weight quickly. But then I just realised, what is the point? Who am I trying to impress?



Media today never helps as well. As I am sure most of you are aware, the media rips models bodies to pieces, the amount people are photoshopped to look as though they have the perfect body, is not only cruel but humiliating for girls like me that feel that we have to live up to this expectation. When watching your favourite TV show and seeing the female characters on it have fantastic bodies makes me jealous and self-conscious.


Even though at the moment I am happy with my appearance and I exercise regularly so that I feel confident with my figure, I still have those days where I feel inferior to everybody else and worry about my weight. 

1 comment: